Thursday, December 10, 2009

...

I haven't written for a while. I wish I had an excuse. I don't really have anything going on except, what I call, "still healing".

I recognized that I am more embarrassed with my condition now that everything is tucked away and I look "normal". I can't point to something and say, "see- that is what is going on!" Since the beginning of this ordeal, I have said, "This will get me back to normal; the way I was before colitis." Now, I'm afraid, it won't.

I am still going to the bathroom pretty regularly; Maybe 10-15 times a day. I still have accidents while I sleep but usually only once every two weeks or so. I am going to the bathroom 2-4 times every night. It is really hard to have a good, uninterrupted, night's sleep.

I'm dizzy, in pain, tired, and, still, somewhat depressed. Eli and I have fortunately worked out issues that have come up. Our communication has gotten even better and we are able to laugh again. It truly is the best medicine.

... Got to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment