Thursday, December 3, 2009

Road trip with my new innards!

The trip to Ohio went well. It usually takes 8 hours but with a couple extra bathroom visits it took us about 9 hours to get there.

Not too much discomfort. Of course the hardest part was not over eating during the holiday. I think I did pretty well. There are always temptations but I at least have the luxury of rest. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or just couldn't sit up straight any longer, I just went to the back room and slept. I guess people don't expect much from you after surgery.

The highlight: Eli's grandfather lives across the street from an Amish family and my soon-to-be-sister-in-law looooves animals so of course she asked to ride a horse. I was second to mount up! I can't believe I got up there. This was a big beast. I made them promise to hold the reins during my ride but how much fun!

I guess I am getting back in the saddle!

This week I have also noticed a significant decrease in swelling. I am also down to a normal bandage instead of the gauze dressing. Slowly but surely!!

I can't wait for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment