Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Athletic Heart

So, today's big deal in the hospital is my slow heart rate. The are running all these tests and when I ask if it is a problem, they all say, "Actually, it is good to have a slow rate. We just need to make sure everything is in order."

Ok, so check it out... it should be no problem for the surgery which has now been changed to Friday. I talked to a cardiologist who asked what have I done in my life to give me a slow heart rate. "You must have ran track, or basket ball or something?" Nope- Really no regular exercise. I probably exercise less than most people.

She claims some people are just born with athletic hearts... I'm one of them. Don't tell Eli-he'll be so jealous!

1 comment:

  1. even when I was marathon training my heart rate was much faster AND I had moderately high cholesterol unlike your low cholesterol- DANG!

    ReplyDelete