Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Foiled Flange!

I had my first leak the other night. After a day of swimming and eating at my sister's, I was experiencing some serious stinging. That usually means the seal is breaking down and it is about time to change the flange (or wafer). Unfortunately, it was after eating all day so I was, to say the least, VERY ACTIVE! We tried to change it but no go...

I have adapted my wafer change to Eli not helping for all the times I need to do it when he isn't around. So, I prep everything and start to peal the wafer but only until the real sticky stuff hits my skin.

Well, the other night I noticed some darkness around the real sticky stuff... It was like a hole making it's way to my stoma! Because I was so "active", I just couldn't change it so I decided to wait until morning... BIG MISTAKE!

In the middle of the night I feel a drip down my side! I pretty much pooped on my stomach in my bed!!! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!

So, I got out of bed and started my solo wafer change in the middle of the night. Oh... it was so gross... I had to change my under-roos, my shirt and I couldn't change the sheets until Eli woke up!! So, I dropped a towel on my side of the bed and went back to sleep. Is that bad?

No comments:

Post a Comment