Tuesday, November 17, 2009

No soup for you!

Today I responded to a letter sent from the department of labor. The office seemed smaller than the first time I went there. I had the same purple folder that sat on the administrator's desk when the words, "I'm sorry" fell out of her mouth. This time the folder is packed with denials, appeals, job searches and extensions.

This time, like last time, I was told there are no more benefits for me.

As part of our loan modification, I am supposed to see a credit counselor. I had a phone appointment set up for this afternoon with hopes I would get home before the call. After I left the department of labor, I headed home and watched a couple episodes on Hulu. When the phone rang, I gathered all my documents to discuss our finances.

What came out of this appointment is that the only thing we can cut back on is our food. Because our credit is still in the 800's, we are not at the top of the list of people to help. I was told to just keep doing what we are doing. As if that is going to help...

No comments:

Post a Comment