Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oops! Sorry...

So, there is always the wonderment of what really goes on during my bathroom visits... People kind of want to know but they really don't want to know. A lot of people think I exaggerate what I feel or what it looks like... I have started to think maybe it's not that bad. Maybe I'm just lazy and I feel tired because I am depressed not because I have something wrong with my colon...

Unfortunately, I got some unexpected verification... My husband has always been there when I get sick. He is willing to cheer me on during colonoscopy prep; he rubs my back when I curl up in a ball in pain; he just takes care of me, no questions asked. A couple weeks ago we were talking to some friends about how gross it gets when I'm sick and the question of what it looks like came up. I told them that only one person has really seen it. Before I was diagnosed, I asked my best friend to look and see if it is something I should be worried about... it was.

My husband had yet to see it... until last night. So, we have our own bathrooms- a must when we bought the house! I didn't flush after my last one because I was getting in the shower and I didn't want to turn the water cold... Well, I forgot to flush after my shower and Eli went in later that night... He was floored. So apparently, it is pretty gross. I won't give you the details but now he doesn't wonder what it looks like! :)

I don't even remember if it was a good sample or not...

No comments:

Post a Comment