Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A sign of the times

I am happy to report that organizations are again starting to correspond with the lowly unemployed.

I have been unemployed for one year now. At first, organizations would send an email or even postcard informing the applicants of their time line and to serve as verification of resume received. Slowly, the organizations became less interested in cordiality. I would go months without hearing anything from the organizations I applied to.

Times, they are a-changing. Last week I got two emails regarding my resume! One rejection letter-still stings a little; and one"resume received" letter with a time line!

This could mean two things: Everyone in Atlanta already has a job and I am the only one still applying, or organizations have hired someone to send out cordial emails to the unemployed!

I should hear within 20 days if I'm in or out! Make it work! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment