Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So close, yet so far

Today I was supposed to start volunteering. I say supposed to because I never made it there. About a mile from my house I started to break down-emotionally. Everything started to rush to the front of my mind: I didn't take out the recyclables, I couldn't change my wafer, I should have done one thing and I did the other... I just did everything wrong.

I pulled over and started to cry.

Why can't I be normal? What is so difficult about driving across town for a 15 minute meeting?

I tell myself that I have done so well; I have come so far. But I still haven't heard it.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so proud of you for actually realizing that you couldn't make it yesterday- it's completely okay to back out of things when it's just not happening for you. it doesn't mean that you'll never be able to volunteer, just that yesterday wasn't the day for you and everybody totally understands that. keep your head up dear!! you're surrounded by people that love you!

    ReplyDelete