Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I don't make money but I sure know how to save it!

Yesterday was our first day back to the real world. Vacation is over and it's time to get back to work. First I had to call the mortgage company to see about a loan modification and a late fee. Since we never had a late fee they were willing to forgive this one! (Late fee= $63.22)

Next was my epic battle with the Internet company... not so easy. I spent the day trying to fix our broken Internet connection. I talked to four different people through out the day. The first lady hung up on me when I told her how ridiculous I though me having to pay for a technician to come out was. The second guy fixed the wireless Internet by telling me to plug in the ether net chord into my lap top! And the third guy said things like, "no one works for free!" It certainly seems like I am working for free today!!

The last guy got me to billing after I said I would find another company who would give me a modem and Internet that works. She was willing to overnight a free modem ($45 + shipping)! She asked if there was anything else... Yes, I'm not paying for the two weeks I didn't have Internet. She went ahead and refunded the whole month charges for me!

I am my mother's daughter! :)

Total savings for one day: ~$118.22! All in a day's work!

I can't wait to see how much we save when the loan modification goes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment